Friday, March 3, 2017

Week Four

Last week I organized the layers for the geological features map of Vesta. This week I tried to upload the actual map that goes along with the layers but it was unsuccessful. When I uploaded it as a rastor layer to the existing layers to QGIS, it says there is an error. The map gets imported but does not actually show up. So hopefully we can figure out a way to fix it so that the map is visible. I was going to start the mineral mapping this week but unfortunately my advisor is out of town he could not get me the maps. But next week I am hoping to start on the marker mineral mapping!

I also read through a study done on the surface of Vesta. The research focused on figuring out more about the the orange material on Vesta. These orange areas were seen from the visual and infrared spectrometer on the Dawn mission. There are also many different maps of Vesta and its features included in the reaearch. There is even a mineral map. This research will help me know how to format my research and it will give me an idea of what some of the colors on the Vesta map mean. 

1 comment:

  1. Is the computer program the most challenging part of your research thus far?

    ReplyDelete