Friday, April 7, 2017

Weeks 7 and 8

These past two weeks I have been finishing up my calculations for my research. I finished the area and perimeter calculations for each layer and the overlap areas. I did this by using the count tool in photoshop to label each area. Then I used the analysis section in photoshop to find the area and perimeter of each area. I exported this information and then I put the information in a table. This will be important in my results section of my AP Research paper. The overlap area of NiS and high-calcium pyroxene are the most important because they are the areas where it it most likely to find PGMs. The calculations for NiS and high-calcuim pyroxene showed that there are possible PGMs on about 0.518% of the investigated area of Vesta. This shows how much of the investigated area might have PGMs. 

I also have been working on the methods and results section of my paper and my presentation for AP Research.

No comments:

Post a Comment