Monday, April 24, 2017

Results

Now that my research is completed, lets talk about what my findings mean. The overlap regions of mafic minerals and nickel sulfides could indicate PGMs. My research into the possibility of PGMs on Vesta led to an estimate that approximately 0.518% to 0.99% of Vesta's surface shows evidence of PGMs through my maps of mafic minerals and nickel sulfides. This means there is a possibility of PGMs on Vesta in the overlap areas that I mapped. More marker mineral maps would need to be made to be more certain that these areas contain PGMs. 
My research also shows that utilizing similar methods to those used on Earth to search for marker minerals of PGMs, it is possible to investigate and assess the distribution and accessibility of PGMs and other precious resources on asteroids.




No comments:

Post a Comment